Monday, November 5, 2007

Do You See How My Mind Works? It's Like A Laser!

A Fly Moses has been holding it down, but he told me that the people were clamoring for H.R. Paperstacks, a/k/a The Easy Rider, so here I am. You may have become accustomed to cogent posts such as the one comparing the two greatest quarterbacks of our generation (unless you are old as fuck, which means you aren't part of my generation and you probably haven't read the post anyway because you've misplaced your reading glasses). Well, that's not how my posts are going to go down. You see that Willy Wonka movie? I'm talking about the semi-creepy Gene Wilder version from the '70s, not the extremely creepy Jonny Depp version. Me too. I liked it. Here's something else you might like:

I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force, even though the makers of the show have decided to alienate its fans by refusing to air a single new episode in 2007. Why do television shows do this? The geniuses behind The Wire were able to create the single greatest show in the history of television, but also decided not to air any new episodes between December 2006 and January 2008. I know greatness takes time, and at least I've been able to enjoy the return of The Boondocks and the tour de force that is Flight of the Conchords in the meantime, but you just cannot justify taking an entire year off. At any rate, I can forgive these indiscretions, but what I can't abide is the fact that first video game from the Aqua Teen franchise is only coming out for a defunct piece of shit system that I don't own.


Now I respect making a "hybrid kart-racing/fighting/golf game that takes place on some of New Jersey's golf courses." In fact, from the trailer, it looks like a game that I would really enjoy playing, a la Big Bumpin' (which is actually one of the most fun games for the original Xbox). I also respect the brilliant title. Anything with "Zombie" or "Ninja" superfluously in the title is probably going to be great. But only making the game for the PS2? Fuck that. I'm boycotting this franchise -- at least through the rest of 2007.

No comments: